Life, Hostel, Change and My Mind....

Monday, February 23, 2009


Transformation and change happens in everyone’s life. In the same way, my life goes in and out of many changes. It’s often difficult to stay away from home, but when the journey from your home to a hostel becomes an important turn in the decision making of your life, it becomes different. While entering the hostel this time, I had said, ‘This is my new life, and I am entering a new phase. The confusions that I had in mind have started to get a clear sky.’ Now what is it that makes my life take a fresh turn?
‘You were never taken by me as a lover’, he said. ‘It was always a misunderstanding between us. The emotion love, did not really dominate in our relationship’. Sitting face to face, I felt it was something I always knew about, but I never knew how to put it into words. Yeah…he did tell something right, but when ones conscience repeatedly thinks of some facts that confuses, an external push to it may make awkwardness in the usual path of thinking. Those were the thoughts that made me mistake our acquaintance. Well, no not an acquaintance, but a friendship. When a cluster of thoughts that were supposedly fixed in ones mind suddenly gets a break down, the shattered pieces find it difficult to reform. Sometimes, the mind copes up to unexpected situations, and mine did this time. It was later I realized that it was a fact that lay rooted in my mind for around two years, and a fact which I made myself suppress. Really friends, nothing else feels better than a clear mind and I have one now. I thank the three main people and the supporters in my life responsible for the freshness in me.
Now this is how my hostel life of 2009 began. A new dawn for me; a dawn which may look old and worn out for onlookers, but different for me. Fresh hopes are there to look forward to. Earlier blogging was easy, but now I have to depend on a café to blog. When its passion waiting, then every closed door would open. Anyway, the new change is welcome and I am thoroughly enjoying it.
One statement I hold close to my heart and which I started to believe in, is one which I heard in the movie ‘Om Santi Om’ – “Everything happens for the good, and has a happy ending. If the ending is not happy, then the story still remains”.

By Winnie Panicker with 0 comments

0 comments:

Leave a Reply